Man-riding with winches has been identified as a substantially hazardous activity, and for that reason, should only be carried out by competent personnel with suitable controlling procedures in place, and with equipment that is designed for that purpose. Winch Operator course is designed to reduce risk associated with man riding by winches.
Anchor Handling Winch operations have its own hazards ie overload, brake slipping, wire parting and sometimes winch uprooting from the foundation bolts. How to safely operate and identify these hazards well in advance is the purpose of this course.
Target Audience Winch Operator Course
Candidates desirable of taking up jobs on Drilling rigs. All personnel who are involved and / or required to carry out work using man-riding winch.
Personnel working on Anchor Handling vessels or Work Barge - Chief Engineer and Others operating Anchor Handling winch.
Man Riding Winch:
- Alternatives To Man-Riding
- Planning, Risk Assessment And Toolbox Talks
- Types Of Man-Riding Winches And Their Safety Features
- Associated Equipment
- Certification And Pre-Use Inspection
- Connection Points And Tools
- Secondary Fall Protection And Rescue Plans
- Safe Operation
Anchor Handling Winch:
- Anchor Handling Winch design
- Carrying out operations keeping in mind enormous forces involved
- Braking mechanism
- Different types of Brake bands
- Greasing points and maintenance schedule
- Water cooling system of the winch hydraulics
- Changing 76 mm and 90 mm anchor chain gypsy
- Changing over of towing and anchor handling drums
- Engaging the anchor chain gypsy
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|Man Riding Safety||5,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand||Practical Exercises|
|Anchor Handling||5,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|