This is a value added course.
The purpose of this sea survival training is to provide the essential knowledge and experience of personal survival principles to maximise the chances of survival in the event of an emergency, including practical training in the use of life jackets and inflatable life rafts.
PRE- COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must be over 16 and must have a basic level of fitness in order complete the practical pool drills.
Course covers following:
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships
- Equipment in survival craft
- Location of personal life-saving appliances
- Principles concerning survival at sea.
Practical instruction / Swimming pool:
- Donning a life jacket
- Donning and use of an immersion suit
- Safely jumping from a height into the water
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket and keeping afloat
- Boarding a liferaft from the ship or the water while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a liferaft to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor
- Bringing aboard an injured person
- A Group survival exercise.
The course consists of lectures, films and demonstrations.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
On completion of the course you will receive the Survival at Sea certificate.
Course Fee INR Duration Course Timing Date Commence Remarks
Survival at Sea
8000 1 day