This course will help you to understand the legal requirements for conducting Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) in the workplace. It will also equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to prepare and conduct continuous risk assessment, as well as how to initiate remedial actions. It will let you to effective management of risks and investigation, at both the shipboard and shore side levels. This course is designed to provide participants with knowledge for analyzing and managing risks, and for responding to and investigating incidents and accidents.
Hazards at workplace remain significant occupational health and safety issue across all industries. There could be risk either personal or collective, if not addressed in time could yield in major mishap. Furthermore, if workers lack skills to identify hazards, it multiplies up the risk quotient. This can be tackled through training the workers on hazard identification and risk assessment (HIRA) techniques to create a safe place, plant, equipment and most importantly a safe person.
All personnel responsible for analyzing and managing risks, and for responding to and investigating incidents and accidents.
- Managers – Operations, Safety and Executive
- Engineers – Process, Safety and Mechanical
- Compliance Auditors, Safety Inspectors
- Environmental Management and Technicians
Safety/Operations/Crew/Technical Dept Personnel interested to broaden their knowledge.
- Fundamental Risk Concepts and terminology
- Define hazard identification risk assessment (HIRA)
- Links between Risk, Incident & safety Culture
- Key Risk Management Implementation issues
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- Practical Risk Assessment demonstration
- Risk Prioritisation and decision making
- Incident Investigation basics and terminology
- Process of incident investigations
- Interviewing and facts gathering techniques
- Case Study on Incident Investigation
- Incident Investigation Report writing & presentation
- List important hazard recognition methods
- Five-step approaches of risk assessment
- Hierarchy of risk controls
- Benefits of risk control
- Legal requirements of risk control
- Responsibilities of employer to control risk
Course Content – 4 Hrs Program
• Introducing Risk Awareness
• How to improve your team’s risk awareness?
• Risk Identification Criteria
• Health and Safety Responsibilities for Employers
• Understanding Hazard and Risk
• Risk Assessment Methodologies – What, Why & When
• 5 Steps of Risk Assessment – Introduction
• Risk Control Measures
• The Job Risk Assessment
• The Permit to Work System
• Identify Hazards 1
• Identify Hazards 2
RISK & HUMAN FACTOR
Course Content – 4 Hrs Program
• Introduction to human factors and their relationship to safety
• Understanding of various human factors
• The importance of human factors in relation to safety.
• The components of the human factors SHELL model.
• The relationship between human factors and safety management systems (SMS).
• The key human factors that influence the effectiveness of a SMS.
• The key human factors that influence human performance.
• Dealing with Human Factor Errors
• Physiology and physiological work conditions
• System safety
• Stress and fatigue management
• How errors occur due to latent conditions and active failures.
• Main sources of human factor errors.
• Strategies for dealing with human factor errors.
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|Risk Awareness||7,000||1/2 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|
|Risk & Human Factor||7,000||1/2 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|
|HIRA||10,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|