Rig Mover Course will be presented by a professional rig move master who handles such operations and procedures. Purpose is to let the candidates learn the best practices which should be used to ensure the safety of personnel on board all vessels serving offshore facilities, and to reduce the risks associated with MOU Move operations such as the Rig move, Jack up Move, Semi-submersible move, Anchor Handling, Escort Towing, Jack-Up Towage and Maneuvering offshore vessels.
Target Audience Rig Mover Course
OIM, Barge Masters, Health and safety leaders and those who want to become a rig-move master from the marine discipline, pilots, executives who need to expand on their rig moving knowledge, who needs to understand and evaluate the risks involved in rig move operation.
Course Content rig mover course
Course consists of practical approach to following:
- Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for the MOU Move Operation
- Description of MOU, Unit type, i.e. Semi Submersible, Jack Up, Barge, FPSO
- Departure and Arrival Location(s)
- On Shore Planning and Risk Assessment
- Various handling techniques
- Co-operation on the bridge
- Anchor Calculations rig mover course
“Rig Move is an activity which is exhilarating, boring, exhausting, terrifying and often professionally very satisfying. It can test manouvring skills to the limit and try a Rig Mover’s patience beyond what the most phlegmatic of personalities should reasonably have to tolerate.”
Course Fee INR Duration Course Timing Date Commence Remarks
5 days 10:00-18:00 On Demand