Maintenance Supervisor course is as per IMO Resolution A.1079(28) adopted on 4th Dec 2013. This course is applicable for non propulsion vessel such as Construction, Pipe-lay and Accommodation barges; Semisub and Jackup drilling units etc which use anchor to stay in position.
This course is open to any mid level offshore rig worker having engineering background. The Course is Approved by Liberia (LISCR) Flag State. On completion of the course you receive Certificate of Proficiency approved by LISCR.
1) Four years of service aboard MOUs including at least one year of service as mechanic, motorman, sub sea engineer, electrician, toolpusher, unit superintendent, crane operator or equivalent supervisory position on MOUs.
2) Hold a Bachelor of Science degree from a recognized school of technology and have one year of service as barge engineer, mechanic, motorman, sub sea engineer, electrician, toolpusher, unit superintendent, crane operator or equivalent supervisory position on MOUs.
The syllabus covers
- Operation and maintenance of engines
- Operation and maintenance of auxiliary machinery
- Detection of machinery malfunction and faults
- Maintenance and repair problems
- Operation and maintenance of fire detection and control system
- Safe working practices
- Maintenance of survival craft and launching appliances
- Pollution prevention procedures
Maintenance Supervisor / Chief Mechanic is senior most rank in mechanical department on a MODU or Offshore Work Barge, Pipe-lay vessel etc. On propelled offshore rigs, Chief mechanic is considered a superior position than the Marine Chief Engineer and paid higher than Marine Chief Engineer. The job profile of a maintenance supervisor is to look after drilling machinery and Diesel power generators. In case of propelled MODU, diesel power generator is looked after by Marine Chief engineer and Chief Mechanic looks after only drilling equipment.
|Course||Fee (INR)||Date Commence||Duration||Course Timing||Remarks|
|MS||50,000||On Demand||5 days||10.00 – 18.00||LISCR (Liberia) Approved|