IMIST is an OPITO standard which supports the global Oil and Gas Industry to meet safety initiative targets. It is an interactive e-Learning training program that works by assessing the safety knowledge of an oil and gas worker during a random sequence of assessment questions. At the end of this assessment, which is completed under time-bound conditions, the program will automatically and dynamically assemble a unique course for each individual based on their knowledge gaps identified in the pre-assessment. The candidate is then presented with this content and the relevant summative assessment questions. This process is repeated until the candidate has managed to answer all the assessment questions correctly. A 100% pass mark is required to complete the IMIST program.
- IMIST has been developed to provide a new global standard for Health and Safety training, which will provide a comprehensive and consistent level of training across the world and enhance work force safety and compliance.
- The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents.
- Significant cost savings and ease of recruitment are also expected, as IMIST will reduce the need to continually repeat and duplicate training.
As the name of the course implies – Minimum Industrial Safety Training – This is basic work place safety training applicable to all industries, whether on land or at sea. So all industrial workers should do IMIST training before taking up a any kind of job.
IMIST has been designed to enable existing workers to demonstrate their knowledge and awareness of the necessary safety standards to reduce risks and incidents. The course contains the following nine modules:
- Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Working Safely
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height
- Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents and is currently available in 10 languages; American and UK English, Arabic, Hindi, Bahasa Malaysian, French, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian and Russian.
Although the IMIST course in its full length is approximately 5 ½ hrs. this is not the true reflection of how long it takes people to take the course. From our statistics more than 91% of candidates complete IMIST in under 8 hours with over 50% completing course course in under 4 hours.
The IMIST course is designed with a pre-assessment which means the learner will first sit an assessment that cover the topics covered in the course. At the end of this assessment, which is completed under time-bound conditions, the programme will automatically and dynamically assemble a unique course for each individual based on their knowledge gaps identified in the pre-assessment.
The advantage of this system is that users only view content for the learning objectives failed in the pre-assessment, so this differs from individual to individual.
So in summary, more than half the candidates are likely to finish in half a day, and most candidates will complete in a day.
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|IMIST||13,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand||OPITO Approved|