The H2S course is intended for personnel working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
Training on the subject of Hydrogen Sulfide, is essential for all oil and gas workers who could be exposed to H2S during the course of their work activities.
This training helps fulfill the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, ANSI Z390.1, Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs, and other regulatory standards.
The H2S course consists of theory and practical on SCBA sets, ELSA (escape) sets and Cascade Breathing System. During the course participants will be able to recognize and accept the hazards associated with Hydrogen Sulphide and it’s effect on humans and to appreciate the value of H2S gas monitoring equipment and be able to identify and use an escape set for the purpose of evacuation.
Target Audience H2S Course
All personnel desirous of working in Offshore oil & gas industry, Land Rigs, Petrochemical Processing plants, Refineries, Municipal workers (drainage cleaners), and any other circumstances where H2S gas can be encountered.
Course Content H2S Course
(1) Hydrogen sulphide – how it is formed and where it is found
(2) Other names used to describe H2S
(3) Properties and characteristics of H2S
(4) Parts per million (ppm) as a measurement parameter
(5) Occupational exposure limits to H2S
(6) Factors affecting individual susceptibility to H2S
(7) Types of detector equipment
(8) Types of respiratory equipment
(9) Pre-use checks of personal detection devices and EBA
(10) Operating personal H2S detection equipment (including checks)
(11) Responding to an alarm
(12) Donning & operating (including checks) an escape breathing apparatus
(EBA) with a mask within 30 seconds
(13) Donning & operating (including checks) an EBA with a hood within 30 seconds
(14) Connecting to a pressurised cascade breathing system with an activated
EBA which has been donned correctly
(15) Disconnecting from a pressurised cascade breathing system with an activated
EBA which has been donned correctly.
Course Fee INR Duration Course Timing Date Commence Remarks
H2S 3,000 1 day 10:00-18:00 Daily Practical Exercises