The course is designed to increase the participants’ level of knowledge in proper use and pre-operational inspection of overhead cranes. The course utilizes hands-on sessions in which loads are moved by EOT crane operator using the Operator’s Checklist.
The course covers major crane components, safe operating practices, daily checklists, communications, and operator inspections per OSHA, documentation requirements, and hands on demonstrations. Each participant will have the opportunity to perform an actual pre-operation inspection that is required by OSHA.
This course is geared for the crane operator and the supervisory personnel responsible for the daily operation and safe performance of cranes.
- Identify and explain the function of all major crane components and assemblies
- Define the minimum qualifications and requirements of a crane operator
- Perform and document the daily crane inspection procedure required by OSHA
- Understand the four rules of safe and proficient crane operation
- Perform precise spotting of loads and make precision lifts
- Become familiar with the proper techniques to minimize load swing
- Explain and practice all recommended hand signals
- Understand the basic rigging procedures to attach a load to the hook
- Understand the requirements of crane operators per OSHA 1910.179
- What is an Overhead Crane?
- Identify all major components of a crane, gantry, jib, etc
- Explain the function of all major assemblies and components
- Crane Operator Qualifications
- Minimum legal requirements
- Know the cranes you operate
- Identify the types of cranes found in your plant
- Discuss the features that are found on your cranes and their operating characteristics.
- Practical instruction at a crane; Conducting a daily operator inspection
- Emergency stop operation and disconnects
- Hook block, hook, rope inspection
- Upper limit check
- Crane control operation
- Locating and identifying the crane runway disconnect
- Safe and productive lifting techniques – hoist, trolley bridge
- DVD – “Overhead Cranes Safe Operation” – Approximately 20 minutes
- The Four Rules of a Safe and Efficient Crane Operator
- Hoist – Slack out of ropes / no side pulling / hoist brakes / jogging
- Trolley – Positioning / judging drift / load swing
- Bridge – Judging drift / load swing / positioning
- Safe Rigging practices
- Safety – The Do’s and Don’ts of Hoisting
- Crane Operating Hand Signals – ANSI Standards
- OSHA Safety requirements – 1910.179 – What are the requirements on handling loads?
- Final Review
- EOT Crane Operator Test (written)
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|EOT Crane Operator||7,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|