The BOER course is to prepare Oil & Gas drilling crew working on land to handle emergency situation and to save himself in such a situation and to introduce delegates to the specific emergency response issues and regimes relevant to onshore oil and gas operations, in relation to the proactive and reactive responses for personnel in the event of an onshore emergency.
All personnel working on land oil rigs and drilling sites.
Emergency Response Actions
(1) Identify the typical types of emergencies on an onshore oil and gas facility
(2) Explain the emergency response knowledge required for all personnel on an onshore oil and gas facility
(3) Explain the actions to be taken in the event of a site alarm.
(4) Mustering procedures upon hearing a site alarm
Firefighting and Self-Rescue boer
(1) Identify the common causes and nature of fires on an onshore oil and gas facility
(2) Explain the “triangle of combustion” and how fire can spread
(3) Explain the uses and limitations of various firefighting methods
(4) Identify the dangers associated with fighting a small fire
(5) Know how to assess the fire and make a decision on whether or not to fight the fire.
(6) Raising the alarm on discovery of a fire
(7) Use of appropriate hand-held portable fire extinguishers
(8) Use of a fire hose reel
(9) Use of a fire blanket
(10) Self-rescue techniques with no respiratory protection from areas where visibility is reduced due to smoke
(11) Self-rescue techniques with a smoke hood from areas where visibility is reduced due to smoke
(12) Small group escape techniques with an escape set (hood) from areas where visibility is completely obscured due to smoke.
Emergency First Aid
(1) Raising the alarm
(2) Immediate first aid actions, to include: ABC
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|BOER||8,000||1 Day||10:00-18:00||On Demand||Practical Exercises|