Drilling Familiarisation Course is directed at personnel associated within the offshore oil and gas industry. The main purpose of the course is to familiarise the participants with offshore drilling, which plays a critical role in this expanding industry. The course provides a general overview of the offshore petroleum industry, with emphasis on drilling technology, completion technology, petroleum geology and well site safety. It is the first step in understanding the processes and requirements for the offshore oil and gas industry.
People who are already employed or want to start a career in the offshore oil and gas industry. Technical knowledge is desirable.
- Background & History of Offshore Drilling
- Basic concepts (Drilling, Well and its elements. Well types)
- Role of Drilling in Oil & Gas Production. Drilling Economy
- Safety Basics in Offshore Oil and Gas Sector
- Accidents Overview & Analysis
- QHSE Overview
- BOSIET, HUET, FOET Overview
- Fire Safety, PPE. H2S, Hydrocarbons Safety Basics
- Petroleum Geology & Oil Field Fluids
- Rocks Types. Traps. Shale & Tight Oil & Gas
- Oilfield Exploration (Magnetometry, Gravimetry, Seismic, Exploratory & Appraisal Drilling)
- Offshore Drilling Units and Associated Equipment.
- Fixed, Floating Platforms and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, FPSO, SS, ROV,AUV
- Drilling Rig Types & Their Components.
- Blowout Prevention (BOP) & Motion Compensation System
- Drilling & Completing offshore Wells
- Drilling Fluids Engineering
- Casing & Cementing
- Formation Tests
- Formation Damage
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|