The International Maritime Organization (IMO), introduced the ISM Code to the industry in 1998, it is now mandatory for a wider range of cargo ships and for mobile offshore drilling units (MODU’s), and it is seen as a major instrument to safeguard seafarers from workplace hazards. Past maritime major incidents were a terrible warning bell that highlighted the importance of a Safety management System on board Vessels and Offshore Installations. By attending this 1 Day training, the participants will develop a key understanding of the mandatory ISM Code, the very regulation which is impossible to ignore in today’s highly regulated industry.
This course covers the latest 2018 edition of the ISM Code and its guidelines for implementation, including the new guidelines on Maritime Cyber Risk Management as cyber risks will have to be addressed in safety management systems by 1 January 2021.
The main objective is to ensure that the ISM Code is well understood in its principle, which envisages a self-regulated Safety Management System developed by the Company. This objective can be fulfilled only with a participatory approach, and this topical element of the Code will be thoroughly discussed.
At the end of the ISM Code Familiarization training delegates will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and explain the context of maritime safety in general and of the ISM in particular
- Understand the impact of this globally applicable legislation in the maritime industry
- Comprehend the effectiveness of the ISM Code and its latest revisions
- Understand the accountability that the ISM Code has placed on the Companies
- Understand the three central elements: risk assessment, incident reporting and audit and review
1. General :
- Functional requirement of SMS.
- Safety & environmental protection policy.
- Company responsibilities & authority.
- Designated person (DPA)
- Master’s responsibility & authority
- Resources & personnel.
- Development of plans for shipboard operations.
- Emergency preparedness.
- Reports & analysis of non conformities, accidents, and hazardous occurances.
- Maintenance of the ship & equipment.
- Company verification, Review & evaluation
- Certification & periodical verification.
- Interim certification
- Forms of certificate.
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|ISM Code||6,000||1 Day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|