Experiential Learning is a process through which students develop knowledge, skills, and values from direct experiences outside a traditional academic setting.It gives people the tools to take charge of their lives. In one’s career or family, and personal life, a better understanding of the learning process and learning preferences is the key to a better life. Learning empowers everyone to learn from experience throughout his or her life, in each and every moment.
Well-planned, supervised and assessed experiential learning programs can help people in all stages of life and stimulate interdisciplinary learning, civic engagement, career development, cultural awareness, leadership, and other professional and intellectual skills.
Learning that is considered "experiential" encompass the following elements:
- Reflection, critical analysis and synthesis
- Opportunities for people to take initiative, make decisions, and be accountable for the results
- Opportunities for people to engage intellectually, creatively, emotionally, socially and physically
- A designed learning experience that includes the possibility to learn from natural consequences, mistakes, and successes
Initiates action to influence others, seek new opportunities and take risks to commit to a new course of action.
With collective / individual experience, one is aware of emotions, sensations and intuition and enjoys being in relationships.
Creates meaning by observing and reflecting on experiences. Individual exposure to many ideas and people, leads to possibility in thinking and appreciating diversity.
Takes goal-directed action that balances accomplishment with relationships, thereby implementing a plan to get things done on time.
Weighs the pros and cons of acting versus reflecting, and experiencing versus thinking. Develops skills to identify blind spots and fills in the gaps by flexibly assuming any style.
Develops ability to act on certainty of the outcome with experience and ideas reflecting in consonance.
Converges to choose one course of action to solve problems and achieve practical results based on skills to identify goals and evaluate progress.
Develop skills to focus on single objectives via quantitative analysis and logical reasoning.
Integrates planning process with details and judicious use of theories and models to test assumptions.
- Experiential learning occurs when carefully chosen experiences are supported by reflection, critical analysis and synthesis
- Experiences are structured to require the student to take initiative, make decisions and be accountable for results.
- Throughout the experiential learning process, the student is actively engaged in posing questions, investigating, experimenting, being curious, solving problems, assuming responsibility, being creative and constructing meaning.
- Students are engaged intellectually, emotionally, socially, soulfully and/or physically. This involvement produces a perception that the learning task is authentic.
- The results of the learning are personal and form the basis for future experience and learning.
- Relationships are developed and nurtured: student to self, student to others and student to the world at large.
- The instructor and student may experience success, failure, adventure, risk-taking and uncertainty, because the outcomes of the experience cannot totally be predicted.
- Opportunities are nurtured for students and instructors to explore and examine their own values.
- The instructor’s primary roles include setting suitable experiences, posing problems, setting boundaries, supporting students, insuring physical and emotional safety, and facilitating the learning process.
- The instructor recognizes and encourages spontaneous opportunities for learning.
- Instructors strive to be aware of their biases, judgments and preconceptions, and how these influence the student.
- The design of the learning experience includes the possibility to learn from natural consequences, mistakes and successes.
Key Focus Areas
- Breaking the Ice
- Opening lines of communication
- Create bonding
- Better understanding – inter and intra group
- Driving up motivation and inspiration
- Uniting work force
- Managing conflicts
- Loosening up and shedding inhibitions
- Honing, planning and organizing skills
- Creating a feedback process
- Essentials of leadership
Our focus aims at creating a healthy platform for easier problem solving. It is also an opportunity for the participants to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Outdoor physical activity
- Group discussions
- Indoor interactive sessions
- Role plays
- Customized activities in sync with the objectives of the organization
Time & Space
- Primarily the duration depends on the prime objectives and the size of the team. The period accordingly varies from 3 days to a single day.
- All activities and contents are customized to fit the duration so decided. Longer the duration, higher the impact.
- Conduct of above program mandates both, outdoor as well as indoor facility. The details of space requirement and selection of the venue will be discussed in detail during the course of finalization.
Col RMR Nambiar (Retd) is an Army officer with thirty-four years experience. His exposure to the skills of management and leadership, under varying conditions of peace and war, has helped evolve various techniques to impart training in leadership and management. He has been conducting the Out Bound Learning activities for the various organizations of the Ministry Of Defence and has been highly appreciated. He has been a visiting faculty for Purnarjanm, a leading group that trains the faculties of various teaching institutions.
The officer, is a qualified facilitator in OBL, and is the lead in the team.
Dr. R. Rashmi, with an experience spanning over a period of thirty yearsin behavioral Psychology and having been associated with various training institutions is the consulting faculty while designing and planning of our training modules.
Apart from having planned and conducted variety of workshops on interpersonal skills development and behavioral training, she has trained many soft skill trainers and presenters.
Experiential learning Experiential learning
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|Experiential Learning||As per course plan and duration||1-3 days||At outdoor locations||On Demand||Course is modified as per client's requirement|