Dangerous Goods by Air course is aimed at individuals involved in the handling of dangerous goods for shipment by air.
This course is suitable for use as a prerequisite for the OPITO approved Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) training courses
How will the course benefit me?
Regulations must be followed so that dangerous goods can be transported by air without endangering the aircraft, passengers or crew. This course will give you a basic understanding of the regulations for shipping dangerous goods by air, including their labelling, packing and stowage.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe while handling dangerous goods in your day-to-day activities and if there is an emergency situation. It will also outline the documentation required to accompany goods for transportation.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the requirements for shipping dangerous goods by air, you contribute to the safety of your workplace, your fellow workers and yourself, while enabling cargo shipments to be made safely and successfully.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written in reference to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations. The course is accredited by the Helideck Certification Agency (HCA). The course certificate is valid for two years.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define the meaning of dangerous goods by air
• Recall the legislation and regulations governing dangerous goods
• Identify dangerous goods carried by passengers and crew
• Identify excepted and limited quantities
• Identify equipment that is part of operational and airworthiness limitations
• Distinguish between the classifications of dangerous goods
• Identify the meaning of subsidiary risk
• Identify packing groups and types of packaging
• Recall the types of labelling required for goods
• Identify the IATA list of dangerous goods
• Recall the shipper’s responsibilities
• Recall the documentation required for shipping dangerous goods by air
• Identify the requirements for loading and shipping dangerous goods by air
• Recall the steps required for damaged packages
• Identify emergency situations and how to deal with them
• Identify incidents and how to report them
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|Dangerous Goods by Air||9,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand||HCA Approved|