The course is to equip Control Room Operators with various practical sessions of simulated emergencies to deal with situation keeping his cool exercising justifiable due diligence.
Control room operator is first on-scene in-charge of installation and his immediate and appropriate response is critical in minimizing the damage or saving the situation.
Control Room Operators who have responsibility for centralized Control Room operations and may have to deal with emergency situations.
State of Readiness:
- Effectively access current emergency procedures and report all anomalies.
- Identify all conditions which may affect the emergency response.
- Effectively hand over all safety critical information.
- Effectively participate in drills and exercises.
- Work safely in accordance with legislation, operational requirements and associated Safe Systems of Work.
- How to access and interpret the current status of the appropriate equipment and systems (to include detection; protection; communications; evacuation; impaired systems and their mitigation in accordance with operational risk assessments)
- How to access and interpret the status of operations and simultaneous operations.
- How to access and interpret information on weather conditions.
- How to access and interpret information on the
Control Critical Situation:
- Identify developing and existing critical situations and acting on warning signs.
- Interpret relevant alarms and take actions appropriate to the situation.
- Monitor the situation and take effective action to minimise risks to personnel, process, plant and equipment.
- Use of appropriate procedures relevant to the situation
- Communicate the critical situation correctly to appropriate personnel
- Recognise limits of authority
- The operations of and potential implications of the emergency shutdown control systems
- The operation of and potential implications of the F&G control systems
- Accurately identify and immediately take the actions required to make the situation safe.
- Activate all relevant alarms
- Effectively communicate all relevant information and instructions.
- Clarify and act upon information received
- Record critical information.
- How to react appropriately (to include make safe; isolate; shutdown; evacuate the work area; informing connecting installations and others; do nothing; activate internal emergency response teams; inform duty personnel; inform adjacent facilities; activate ESD; account for people)
- How to communicate the critical situation correctly to appropriate personnel.