The aims of Scaffolding Inspector program is to build the competency and prepare the students for employment as Scaffold Inspectors / Scaffolding Supervisor or to promote supplemental training for personnel previously or currently employed in scaffolding.
References OSHA 3150
It is the Employer /Hirer responsibility to ensure all Scaffold users are properly trained and scaffolding has been inspected as follows:
- Following Inspection after Installation , Before first use or put into use.
- Regular Inspections at an interval of no more than every 7 days thereafter
- Following any circumstances liable to jeopardise the safety of the installation eg high winds.
All scaffolding inspection should be carried out by a competent person whose combination of knowledge, training and experience is appropriate for the type and complexity of the scaffold. Competence may have been assessed for an individual may have received training in inspecting a specific type of system scaffold from a manufacturer/supplier.
A Non-Scaffolder who has attended a scaffold inspection course (eg a Site Supervisor / Safety Officer /Site Manager) could be deemed competent to inspect a basic scaffold structure.
Any person who is at present a scaffolder and wishes to upgrade to inspector. HSE officer taking additional responsibility as scaffolding inspector.
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Tubes, boards and fittings
- Gin wheels and ropes
- Scaffold ties
- Construction regulations and recommendations of basic scaffolds to include:
- independent tied scaffold
- static tower
- basic independent tied scaffold
- scaffolds with prefabricated beams
- practical inspection
- Dismantling of scaffold
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|Scaffolding Inspector||8,000||2 days||10:00-18:00||On Demand||Practical Training|