As cellular telephone networks continue to expand, so do the employment opportunities for telecommunication tower technicians. Cell tower technicians climb the face of telecommunications / cellular towers to install, test, maintain, repair and remove a variety of radio frequency and antenna equipment.
The industry needs people who have an interest in working at heights, have the ability to travel extensively and are dedicated to a safe work environment.
People who want to work as communication tower technician and those already in this industry.
- Introduction to tower climbing regulations and OSHA standards
- Principles of Fall Protection
- Basic tower safety climbing and equipment review
- Fall Protections Equipment, Capabilities and Inspection
- Job Briefing Standard
- Mandated Safety Meetings
- Climbing Technique
- Basic and Specific Equipment and Hauling Rigging Review
- Knots – Lifeline inspection and care
- PPE Inspection and Documentation
- Rescue Procedures and Equipment Review
- Rescue of an Injured and Post Fall Climber
- Understanding, Prevention and Treatment for Suspension Trauma
- First Aid – At Height – On the Ground – Basic Survival in remote locations
- Site Hazard Analysis
- Fixed Ladder Usage
- Weather Considerations
- RF Exposure
- Basic Review of Tower Types and Construction
|Course||Fee INR||Duration||Course Timing||Date Commence||Remarks|
|CTSC||5,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand|